Go to SoniaCrouse.com

Friday, January 25, 2013

Valentine's Inspiration.

As its snowing outside today and we're all safely home and no need to go anywhere, I decided to play catch up. Nothing needs it more despairingly  then this blog.

As it has been lately, time to create has been very rare. Publication has been keeping me pretty occupied. But I do get that urge to do something when I can no longer hold it off or push it to the back burner.
Here are a few things!!

Since Valentine's day is coming up, I of course felt festive to create this heart.
I have included a tutorial on how to make this heart in my January 2013 issue of Creating Vintage Charm which you can preview or purchase here: http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/501089








Collecting on my desk I had several papers and elements I held on to for a while so I finally decided to work on some pretty tags. Again focusing on the Valentine's theme and Love and Romance.


I decided I will sew all the elements on {because I refused to heat my glue gun}
because I love the stitching on my tags. ;)

I used vintage book pages, sheet music, wall paper, mixed in with heart shaped paper doileys, tiny flowers, pretty seam bindings and lace from my stash. All layered on coffee stained card stock tags. Finished with stamps I have by Tim Holtz and few random others.

Two of them have images I found I held on to for a while. You may notice a romantic couple from the rococo era, a painting by Fragonard and a dictionary cut out with the definition of LOVE...

 











How do you like my tags?


I will be back shortly to post again with a quickie tutorial for you.

Until then...
Ciao belli!



Hugs To All

2 comments:

Daisy Pink Cupcake said...

Very cute photos...I am loving the heart in the first photo!
Daisy

Connie said...

Your blog is amazing, so much detail. I love the colors, too. This project would go beautifully with my Alter Book on France :)
Come visit my humble little blog while I'm having my Give-A-Way. I just purchased a new sewing machine and I'm I was out looking for fresh ideas when I found your lovely blog.
Your newest follower #400,
Connie :)