Go to SoniaCrouse.com

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The transition phase!










While I may look like I am all packed up for a really long sea voyage to Casablanca to search for Humphrey Bogart,... 

or an archaeological expedition with Indiana Jones....





I am simply packing up ready to move... A rather long transition period due to some unfortunate circumstances, I am still waiting, packing and waiting to move. At this point, the date is sometime in August.
So in the mean time, everything is packed in suitcases and boxes.



My studio has been packed up since January. If you are a creative soul like me, then you should know how awful that feels to have all things that inspire creativity to be all packed up.
 




















Its like my life is all packed up and shut in boxes, stashed away in the dark.
Its a horrible feeling that makes me even more anxious to get this over with and moved already.
These are the only easy accessible items I have, in suitcases. I had to reopen to take some pictures of past work for a project. Currently most of my work comes from a computer. I love what I am doing but the screen gets old and dull. I feel that a screen numbs my creativity. 

While still working away on my publication, Creating Vintage Charm, I have been also designing book covers. The first two were children's books. Now I am in the process of designing a third book cover, a novel based in the 1700's... right down my alley. I may tell you more about that later. 




I am also getting ready for a long LOOOONNNGGG trip to my home country in Europe, Malta. Mid June I will be flying there with my three little munchkins and staying there for two months. Then upon our return to the US, I will pack up house to move to Virginia coast. It is going to be one busy summer but its all good. I do not mind being busy. I also plan on hosting a creative workshop while in Malta. So I am working on the details for that as well. 

So I will pluck away at it until June, still packing away and getting rid of stuff. Working on my publication and other design works, preparing for the workshop while my two little ones hang around my neck and dangle with my arm. 

That's my life in a nutshell right now...



Hugs To All

2 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Oh Sonia, I used to dislike living out of suitcases ! but you are going home for two months , how wonderful !
Would love to visit Malta (and Casablanca) again. Not sure I will ever get out of the U.S. again though...hope you will share lots of photos with us. (()) Francie

Chris said...

Hi Sonia, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/