Go to SoniaCrouse.com

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Window into old time Paris!!


As I am supposedly getting ready to move... I am decorating and preparing my new home...(all in my head I am... *smile)

I have a set of 4 windows we had pulled out of the kitchen here, when we remodeled and I held on to them but never really did anything with them. Until now!!

I finally set to work and finished the first window. I turned this one into a frame shelf.

I proudly announce that I used a MITER SAW for the first time to work on the shelf. 
**Applause** 

I'll take a bow... haha!!

Well here is my Old world Paris window shelf



It works perfectly with my latest treasure find, the vintage Underwood typewriter.
It even has the ribbon still in it. I love it. 




The typewriter reminds me of Moulin Rouge... Christian, up in his hotel room in Montemartre, Paris typing away the story
about Truth, Beauty, Freedom and above all...LOVE










So you see... Now the window shelf and my Underwood typewriter make a perfect fit... 
Moulin Rouge, Paris and the young Can Can dancer...
The elephant....



 I am not hanging this shelf until I get to my new home and I cannot wait to play with a vignette including these.

Thank you for stopping by, until next time...
CREATE ON!! XO

Hugs To All

9 comments:

Marilou of Lulus Lovlies and Heartful Creations said...

Love it, great idea, awesome job with your saw! Hugs Marilou

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

clever idea - and I'm lovin' that picture of the can-can girl!

anything Parisienne grabs me by the throat every time LOL

Olivia said...

Love it!!!!!!
Hugs olivia

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Love it! I've seen similar ones on Pinterest but yours is by far the best!!!

debi huntsman said...

I love your beautiful window shelf Sonia! What a wonderful new piece for your new home. And I'm so impressed that you used a miter saw, and cut it yourself. You go girl!!!

janice15 said...

A wonderful idea...love it..

Matt said...

That Underwood is beautiful. I just bought a Royal De Luxe myself, and it's totally changed my day-to-day correspondence habits.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Sonia it is beautiful !
Hope you are settled in your new home
(())

7th-avenue said...

Hi, I've just started a new blog, can you just check it out, please! It means a world to me. Thanks alot! http://7-th-avenue.blogspot.com/