Go to SoniaCrouse.com

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dreaming and counting the days!!!



 Biltmore Estate


Not much longer now, and I will be packing for my short road trip to Asheville for the 
Once Upon A Dream... event hosted by Jennifer Hayslip.

My studio looks like a staging for a movie scene right now... ruffles, tulle and antiques scattered all over the room!!

My last project was a Ballet pointe shoe I transformed into a Fairy enchanting slipper. It is meant for a swap, Fairy Slipper and will be going with me to Asheville. I had soooo much fun working on it. Sweet Heidi from Sugah Beez sent me the shoe since she had a pair of her daughters worn ballet slippers. I thought that was very sweet of her to share. These shoes are even more special because they had been used, and danced and twirled in. Can you imagine a little girl practicing her pirouettes?  

I thought the wear on it adds to the enchantment... again, they have been twirled in... 
A fairy wore this shoe....




I added a note/story that adds to the charm, as if its an enchanting fairy tale page ripped from on old book and dusted with fairy dust... *sigh*








I had so much fun working on this... got me even more excited about the trip.... 
a week from today, 7 sleeps...........
.................... 



Hugs To All

9 comments:

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

...and pretty soon we'll be counting the hours! I am so excited about my first event. I made a fairy shoe also - quite different from your magical shoe, but then, that will be the fun - seeing all the different interpretations of fairy shoes! Can't wait to meet you there!

xoxo
Deborah

jacirascrap said...

Que maravilhosa sapatilha...que lindo trabalho o seu...

debi said...

Sonia, your fairy slipper is so beautiful, and magical.

Have a wonderful time on your trip, I'm a bit envious. *sigh*

Terri Gordon said...

Hi Sonia, Oh, your fairy slippers are beautiful, you lucky lady, that sounds like such a wonderful event. I have to go one of these days. Have a great time and take loads of pictures. Hugs, Terri

maid marian said...

Hi Sonia!

I'm looking forward to meeting you in person at Jenn's event. Your fairy slipper is darling. I hate that I didn't sign up for the shoe swap. See you in a few days.

Hugs,
Marian

Creative Grammie said...

Oh my, it sounds like you're off to have a wonderful time! I love your Fairy slippers; very beautiful.
Have fun, take pictures so we can all see the fun.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Sigh, about the only disappointment I had was not being able to see all the wonderful swap creations. Your shoe is beeyouteeful !
I was so happy to meet you in person. I can see why your magazines are so wonderful and successful. Bet you are really busy now but I wanted to say how much I enjoyed meeting you and thank you for being so observant and checking on me.
(())

Linda Pruitt said...

Magical, beautiful, gorgeous--all of the above! So Creative! Thanks for sharing it!

Cindy said...

Amazingly beautiful magical slipper! Wow!