Go to SoniaCrouse.com

Monday, December 27, 2010

My White Christmas Tree!!



Christmas is past but festivities are not over yet. Saturday will be the first day of the New Year 2011. My my!! How time flies!! This past year has been one that I may always remember. I had to learn to adjust, I gave birth to a new baby girl (now 7 months old). New doors opened for me, a new magazine was born. I started the year in a somber way but I have to say, I am VERY thankful to be ending the year feeling much happier and proud of my accomplishments, proud for standing back up on my own two feet and move on. 
I do not want to forget to thank YOU all for standing by me through all of this. Many of you who stuck with me through the highs and lows, thank you for your kind, encouraging words. Every single comment meant a lot to me and made my day. So THANK YOU xoxox!!!



For the first year, I have put up a 4 ft tall White Christmas Tree. The tree itself was a thrift find for 99cents. Don't you just love those finds? It is my all sparkle, pink and aqua tree. I was having fun yesterday taking random shots of the tree, trying to catch the sparkles and glow, playing with the pictures and I am going to share them with you.

Vintage Tags are created by Kirstie from Adeline Country Cottage. Her work is just gorgeous, down to every detail.  










I created this Marie ornament. I was meant to make more, but could never find the time. I love the way this turned out though. 







Better picture of my Marie ornament.





I did put up a real nest in the tree and nested a glittery bird. Love the ballerina slippers. 


Yeah, you can see me in a funny mirror reflection on each silver ball... =)






I wish you all a Happy and Prosperous New Year


Hugs To All

8 comments:

Roselle said...

It's all so glittery and sweet! Sonia, you AMAZE me with your drive. A baby, a magazine, a blog, etc. etc. I am not worthy! LOL Happy New Year to you and yours. I hope you have a wonderful and more successful 2011!
Roselle

Elyse said...

hi sonia,

it really has been quite a year of ups and downs. i'm so happy for you for making so many good things happen for yourself. you should be very proud and i'm sure your children see this can-do spirit and quality of yours, too.

my mind is racing with ideas for my upcoming tutorial for you. thanks so much for asking!

wishing you a happy happy new year and all fun leading up to it!

xo
elyse

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Sonia ~ absolutely LOVE the tree. It's very similar to mine. I have the same little pink birds with the long pink tails. I love the Marie ornament you created. It's beautiful! (*_*) ~Stacy~

Adeline Country Cottage said...

Sonia,

I can't believe you bought a tree for 99c what a find!! your Marie ornament is gorgeous and any wonder you didn't get a chance to make any more with your busy life style...and darling I take my hat off to you...you are an amazing women to go through so much and manage to come out on top so quickly as not many would...you should be very proud of yourself my friend...many women should look up to you for what you have accomplished...

I'm also very humble that you decorated your beautiful Christmas tree with my tags...XXXXXX's to you my friend!!!

Wish you a fun filled New Year!!!

Love
Kirstie
can't wait to see you in the New Year...here, creating vintage charm and facebook!!!

debi said...

Sonia, your white tree is so pretty, I can't believe what you paid for it! That's the best kind of deal!

Your ornaments are all so very beautiful...especially the MA one you created...just gorgeous!

I'm so proud of you for all you've accomplished this last year...you've come such a long way! Your magazine is a beautiful hit and I know with you at the helm, it will continue to grow and be successful. Wishing you all the best in the new year!
Hugs, Debi

Heidi Meyer said...

What an awesome find! I LOVE how you decorated it with such glittery sweetness! Congrats to you on such a great year - 2011 is bound to be the best ever.
Have a Happy New Year!
Heidi

Shirley said...

Hi Sonia, It has been quite a year and the achievements have been so many. You have done great my friend. I want to wish you the best in the coming year. Have a wonderful weekend. A Missouri friend.

gosia2326 said...

it's so beautiful! and cute :))

http://maggiesl.blogspot.com/