Go to SoniaCrouse.com

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Homemade sugar foot scrubs!!

First time I was introduced to sugar foot scrubs was through my local MOPS group that I go to. We do some small crafty projects every month and this was one of them. I love the homemade body products. You know what is in the product cos you made it, and it does not include harsh chemicals and usually serve the purpose much better then anything processed anyway!! I am a flip flops and barefoot chic and you know what that does to your feet. Mine get really dry but this scrub really works, leaving my feet soft and moisturized, not dry and flaky.

All you need is 1 part (or 1/2 cup olive oil or almond oil)
2 parts sugar (or 1 cup) 
A drop of soap or food coloring (any color you prefer)
 A drop or two of your preferred  essential oils scent 


Combine everything in a bowl and its ready to use.
I soak my feet in warm water and scrub with sugar scrub, until sugar is dissolved then rinse off with warm water and pat dry my feet. 

I looked online for more recipes and there is tons of them. One recipe used one cup of sugar and two tablespoons of lotion. If you're anything like me, I have tons of lotions around my house, some that I buy and a LOT that was gifted to me. More then I can use before it can go bad. So using it as a scrub is a way to go through your lotions faster. 
Here are some sites I found with some nice recipes: http://tipnut.com/homemade-sugar-scrub-recipes/

If you want to jar some Sugar Foot Scrubs as gifts, here is a page I found that gives ideas about extending shelf life for your products. http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/library/preservatives.asp
One of the ingredients that extends shelf like is Rosemary oil extract.


So the last batch I made I put in a jar. I save glass jars and bottles. 
I spray painted the lid in white then I decoupaged it with Rosey tissue paper I have received from my dear friend Debi at Life in my studio. I didn't have the time to, but you can go a step further by adding a pretty tag or label to the jar. 

 

Doesn't that look like a neat idea for a gift? 
Go ahead and make your own.

Enjoy!!
Hugs To All

5 comments:

debi said...

Oh, dear girl, where are you finding the time to do such pretty things as this with everything else that is on your plate?

I love this idea...am going to have to add it to my list of things to do! lol Beautiful!!

mariondee-designs said...

Hi Sonia, it looks so pretty and so easy to make.. might have to give it a go! Love how the lid turned out too.. take care, Maryann

Angela Harris said...

That's the most beautiful scrub packaging I've ever seen :)
~Angela Harris

Elyse said...

hi sonia!

i made a similar scrub but yours looks way better! and i have to laugh at how connected we all are through blogging -- i sent debi that tissue paper in a swap! how fun is that!? love it.

happy soaking ...

xo
elyse

My White Home said...

awesome!!!