Go to SoniaCrouse.com

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A little bit of tinkering and a package at my door!!!


Working on a Christmas magazine got me all excited to create a little something for Christmas. In fact, I am excited about the whole holiday season. I get to actually enjoy it for a change. It's looking up so far =)

I was also lucky to be thrifting and found that white Christmas tree, 4 feet of it for 99cents... owh, had to come home with me. I rinsed it in the tub with little dish soap and it could as well feel like its brand new to me. So now I want to pretty it all up for the holidays. I will try and work on some ornaments when I can.  

So I  got started with creating a little birdhouse ornament with a little shine and sparkly. The wooden birdhouse, was also a great find at the dollar store. They rarely have them so when I did see them I snatched a few of them (I = Hoarder)

I covered it with music sheets then for the roof I used actual cotton and sprayed a little glue on it then cover with clear glitters. Added a few ribbon roses and sparkly pipe cleaner thingies and some crystal beads... Stamped the greeting on a small banner and sprinkled that too. Perched a bird all cozy at the door and viola!!!...

Do you remember my other post about the Masquerade Ball Mask? I showed a Ball mask I created for a Marie Antoinette Mail Art group swap. My partner was Mary from The Damsel of Distress blog. 

Well, today I got my beautiful package from Mary with the Oh, SO Gorgeous mask. We did get to tell out partners what our favorite colors are and I did mention, pinks and pastels!!!

So here is what I got today!!!






She also added a few lacie goodies which I'm sure will come handy in any of my creations soon. Thank you Mary!! =)


I love the mask Mary, thank you for being my partner in Marie crime!! 

Thank you for coming by and make sure to hop on to my other blog and check the creative challenge post, with chances to win gorgeous goodies, a free upcoming holiday copy of Creating Vintage Charm and an opportunity to GET PUBLISHED!! See you there!!

Or here!! ;)

Hugs To All

7 comments:

debi said...

Sonia, I love your sweet little birdhouse!! And what a deal on the tree!! Wow!

And that mask from Mary...OMG!! That is gorgeous...and so YOU!

A Vintage Chic said...

Ooooh! I need to find a tree like that, Sonia...sounds perfect!

LOVE your sweet pink & sparkly birdhouse--looks fabulous!

And that mask--just gorgeous!

Hope you're having a beautiful day!

Julie

stephanies cottage said...

Pretty mask!!!! Love the bird house too! Lol I laughed I too am a craft Supply HOARDER!!! Oh I just ordered you're fabulous magazine the other day!!! Can't wait to get it!!! Huggggssss Stephanie

Alba Linea said...

i love the little treasures you made. and all that pink! just adorable and beautyfull.
best wishes and a very nice week!
di
;0)

Janet Bernasconi said...

Hi Sonia,

Wow..so pretty! I just love all the detail. No wonder we all love this time of the year. Love it.
Have a great day,
XO
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Adeline Country Cottage said...

Wow Sonia I carn't believe you found that white christmas tree for .99, I have always wanted a huge white one, at this stage I only have a really small one, I'm hoping at the end of the year sales to pick one up this year.

Your little birdhouse ornament is to cute.

and your mask is gorgeous, the work Mary put into it is so fab.

XXX
Kirstie

Blessings from Cindy said...

I love your birdhouse!! Great job!
Blessings,
Cindy