Go to SoniaCrouse.com

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Revamp It Party 2010.


Dear Natasha is hosting the Revamp It Party for the second year. I wasn't a part of it last year but it was a huge success and a lot of fun. Everyone's revamped projects were wonderful. 

As I was driving to the grocerie store on friday, I passed a thrift store and they had this chair sitting outside for sale. I do not know why I love chairs. I place them around the house to catch whatever... Purses, clothes, bags or well, I guess to sit on... =) But I told myself, Oh no...this one will go in my vendor booth downtown, I can Revamp It and  sell it. In the mean time I use it to prop pillows I sell on it... So low and behold, it ended in my trunk.I got it for $5.


The white fabric was dirty and a leg was a tad loose so I tightened and glued the leg, removed the seat and sanded it down. I have to be honest, I take short cuts when I refinish furniture because when I have a picture in my head of what I want it to look like, I cannot wait to have that picture alive. I can also call that impatience. 
Anyway!! After I sanded it to where the gloss was removed I primed it, then primed it again...
Then I painted it and sanded it to smoothen the paint and painted it again...


When I do the final sanding, I like to go sporadic and uneven. I just love the way it looks.



As for the seat, the fabric I really loved to see on it was the Rachel Ashwell's blush rose.
Hmmm, big mistake... or was it?? My daughter's bedroom has the matching fabric balloon shade.


I wanted to take pictures of the chair so I took it up in my daughter's bedroom... It never made it out of there. It so happened that a couple of plush animals were laying on the changing table and I couldn't use it... But, now I can because I have a matching chair to put the plush toys on. Love it!!

I hope you liked my quick Revamp project. Please hop on to Natasha Burn's blog for other Revamped projects.

Hugs To All

16 comments:

debi said...

Ooooh! I love your chair revamp!! That fabric is gorgeous on it, and it does look beautiful in the baby's room.

Adeline Country Cottage said...

Hi Sonia,

Love your revamp!!!....your chair turned out beautiful, why is it we revamp thing and it always ends up in the kids room....lol, how many times has that happened to me...lol

Your shabby chair looks like it's found its place and going to stay, when your daughter gets older she could use it as her desk chair, to do her home work....an Love how it matches the balloon shade.


xxx
Kirstie.

tina, theoldfrenchdoors... said...

Love the chair, it looks fantastic and i bet it looks even better in your daughters room.
Take care tina

Natasha Burns said...

Sonia your chair is awesome! Love what you did, and I didn't hear any shortcuts in there in all those coats and sanding and work you did! Love the fabric, and I somehow think it will stay in your daughter's room!!! Thanks for joining in Revamp It 2010!

Claire@AreWeNearlyThereYet said...

Oh Hun, it's gorgeous! I always think that 'homeless' chairs call out to you, they need to live in a home. I too bought and revamped a chair, only for it to stay here, and move in as part of the family! x

Marina Capano said...

Hi!
just beautiful!! you did great job in this chair!

congrats! I love patina shabby chic!

you have really beautiful blog!

xoxo

Fete et Fleur said...

Nice to meet you! I love your chair revamp and can see why it never made it our of your daughter's room. It's perfect in there.

Nancy

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Just LOVE your revamped chair! It's fabulous and so pretty the way you photographed it.

rochambeau said...

Fabulous Revamp!! You did good Sonia! The chair has a new and happy life because of you!

Constance

Glenys said...

Nice! The plushes are so cute too.

My Blessed Serendipity Life said...

That chair is darling!

-Danielle

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

i did a chair too...love yours...i have two of them that i never thought about going white...i could so do this...thank you so much for inspiring me today...there migt just be another chair revamp or two in my house LOL

Katsui Jewelry said...

That is a really great revamp. I love the irregular way you have sanded it...really great look. I am surfer this afternoon and must hop over to Natasha's and see all that is going on.

Suz
Katsui

P.S. Come and visit our blog if you would like. We love vintage clothing and vintage jewelry. My daughter and I make upcycled jewelry together. Right now I am getting some swaps ready and there are pictures of Prague and Croatia. We leave on Monday and are here for our exchange student son's wedding!

A Treasured Past said...

So pretty, my daughter would love a chair like that, its gorgeous! Tamara

Sarah said...

Hey Sonia!
I love the makeover on your chair! Just gorgeous! That fabric is just gorgeous & fits just perfectly!
I have a thing for chairs......I've lost count on how many I have!
S. x

Debbie said...

You have done a brilliant job... with the chair!
Very pretty and girly!
Perfect for your little princess!

DEBBIE MOSS