Go to SoniaCrouse.com

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rags and Feathers


I am sure many of you are familiar with Cassandra VanCuren and her blog My Artful Adventures. Well, if you want to get crafty and you are in need of some inspiration and help, then you must check out her ezines (click on banner above to be directed to her ezine blog with more info) So far she has published two, one for febuary and one for march. I purchased both within the same week and I am inspired. You get gorgeous project tutorials, complete with pictures, very detailed instructions and also info about materials you need if neccessary.
I want to try everything in the ezines. I have some supplies on order but one, I had everything for and I got down to work.

Here is a Rag Wreath that I made. Cassandra's tutorial was for an Easter wreath. Hmm!! Easter is very close and I dont want to make my wreath for a few days then have to put it away so I skipped the easter theme.

I adorned mine with a white bird, some millinery flowers, pearls and of course.... feathers!!!

I was very happy and satisfied with the final result and it is now hanging over the mirror on top of my mantel.
Go check out the ezines and have some fun!! I know I will be!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have added a new set of French Rococo Era, Fashion Plates Ladies tags to my store Vintage Rose Designs. On Etsy I sold several sets, similar to this one.

Hope you are enjoying your week. In my neck of the woods, it's going to be a nice and warm one... wohooo!!
Until next time....

Hugs To All


9 comments:

debi said...

Sonia, your wreath turned out so beautifully! I still haven't done mine, but now you've got me wanting to pull out the lace and fabric.
I love the feathers in it, what a pretty idea!
I'm glad you got the ezines, I've sure enjoyed them.
Hugs, Debi
p.s. I LOVE your new blog banner!

Cassandra said...

Oh my goodness, this is ADORABLE! I love it! The feathers are such a wonderful touch! Thanks so very much for sharing your creation. I am so glad you enjoyed the ezine!

xo Cassandra

Julie Ann said...

Your wreath came out wonderfully!!! I love the soft pink and white :) Love those feathers, too!!

mariondee-designs said...

Hi Sonia, love your wreath and what a great idea to make one you can enjoy everyday and your tags are just beautiful! Re your other post on your sunroom you are so lucky to have one. I wish I had a sunroom, perhaps hubby will convert my side verandah one day for me! I'd love to use it as a sewing room too. Maybe one day.. thanks for visiting my blog the other day. Hope you are keeping well, take care, maryann

Elyse said...

oh, how beautiful!!! i have never tried an ezine tutorial. they look very cool.

hope you are feeling well!

xo
elyse

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling popped in to wish you and your family a joyous and blessed Easter.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

chanystore said...

wonderfull, i love your blog, so pretty!! Chany

Duchess of Tea said...

Sonia darling popped in to wish you and your family a joyous and blessed Easter.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Lauren said...

I love those rococo cards! Gorgeous!