Go to SoniaCrouse.com

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A pretty package all for me

First I have to ask, what happened to the followers' thingimabob?? Mine disappeared and even from my dashboard I cannot access it. Is there someway I could fix that or is that google fault??


Last week just before I left town I received a package from Sarah of My So Called Junky Life. Yayyy!! It was my Fan from The Rococo Fan Swap. She did a wonderful job. I love, love, love it. She made me a MARIE fan in silver glitters and the colors she picked are so me and oh, the millinery flowers and the jewelry and the bird... WOW!!



She even added some extras to the package. The lace is so pretty and PINK (squeal) and millinery flower and vintage hanky!!


Thank you so much Sarah. I love my fan and it also matches her Marie Antoinette tag she had mailed me from a previous swap. And thank you for the extras.

You can see the fan I mailed her here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I was gone, I also received a book I have been so curious about and been wanted to buy. I got my copy of Foof-A-Life. I have seen this book around in blogland and magazines and even the name, peeks my curiosity. I bought this from amazon and to be honest it doesn't have good reviews. Well, I am going to speak as a beginner in this sort of art.


The book is wonderful to me. Maybe yes, a bit overpriced but still got my inspiration, cute ideas, lovely pictures and a base to start mixed media and creative decor and all. I would certainly not recommend it to those who have been scrap booking and doing mixed media for years, because then, its just a nice coffee table book with (still!!) very pretty pictures.


It shows work from 10 artists and it has 3 main chapters, 1st chapter focuses on gifts, 2nd creating memories and 3rd on just being creative and dazzling. All projects shown include list of supplies and a brief tutorial.


Another book in my Wish List is Crowns and Tiaras by Kerri Judd. Do any of you have this book? I think I will get that next time. What do you say about it?

And that's the way the cookie crumbles!!! (LOL)

I hope you like my short review here. I am off to hopefully sleep and be rested. I have started those awful sick and nauseated days and bahhh!! It is NOT fun. I was sick with both my boys and it got worse second time around. I pray its not going to be like that this time. And at night I am so uncomfortable already I just toss and turn most of the night. I have my first doctors appt. next week and I look forward to get a due date. So exciting!!!

Hugs To All

12 comments:

debi said...

Hi Sonia,
I've looked at The Foof-a-Life several times and thought about buying it, but it just didn't have as much to it as I had hoped. I'll have to look at it again.

I do have Crowns and Tiaras. It's a beautiful book. It has alot of pretty pictures and instructions for creating different styles of crowns. I've never made anything from the book, but it offers alot of inspiration.

It's been FOREVER since I was pregnant, but I remember eating alot of saltine crackers. They always helped me.

Feel better. Hugs, Debi

Queen of Dreamsz said...

Hey Sonia,

Your fan and the other blissful goodies are fabulous. :0) There are so many books being published these days and I'm a complete book junkie. I don't have either of these but the one about crowns is on my list at Amazon.

Oh, and my follower list disappeared yesterday and now it's back..I've run across many bloggers that have reported the same thing..it's definitely a gremlin in Blogger...they've added so many new gadgets lately that I guess they still have bugs to fix. At least it comes back!! I'd be lost without it. :0)

Have a wonderful day,
Stephanie

Cassandra said...

WOW your fan is amazing! What a beautiful gift! And that book looks wonderful, I will have to check it out!

Cassandra

Elyse said...

hi sonia,

the fan is beautiful. i love the floral paper. amazing details.

both books look very inspiring.

i was so sick with my 2nd little guy. i don't think i slept for 3 months and all i could eat was peanut butter toast or chinese food. huh? hang in there, cutie.

xo

LillySue said...

Sonia~
Congrats Sweetie!!
I hope you don't get to feeling too bad. Of course, it is all worth it in the end! Loved the slide show of your boys. You and hubby make adorable babies!!
Blessings~LillySue

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello Sonia

The fan is so beautiful, I love it!
The book lokks very interesting. I look it up online. The pillow set on previous post is stunning, such a gorgeous design.
Have a lovely weekend
Isabelle x

Jodie LeJeune said...

Hi Sonia!
My gosh...I came here to catch up because I've been out and oh my gosh!
CONGRATULATIONS on the little bambini news!!! Yay! (sorry to hear about the sickness though)
BEAUTIFUL FAN! I am still regretting not being able to be in your swap. I have WAY too much stuff going on right now but I love looking at all of the beautiful fans everyone created!!!
GREAT REVIEWS on those books. I have the Foofala but not the other one. I still thumb through it every now and then...lots of eyecandy!!!!!
Oh it was nice catching up with you...keep us posted on the little one~
everything vintage

ps...that latest pillow set is GORGEOUS!!!!

Elyse said...

hi again, sonia! i forgot to let you know that i had posted about my giveaway treats.
http://tinkeredtreasures.blogspot.com/2009/09/p-is-for.html

hope you're feeling :)

xo

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Hello~another fabulous eye candy post!How are you? Hope you are feeling good and not pukie!LOL.I think tea & crackers saved me when I was expecting my daughter. Big mistake to order the seafood pasta :( Looking forward to your next post.

Debra said...

I am so happy you got your fan. I as you know was not as lucky. I have since repaired the damage to my fan that was sent back and perhaps will find someone to swap it with? I like the colors and all the bonus "Stuff", how cool!

Julie said...

What a gorgeous fan! The book looks fabulous to me--have to look into that one! Sorry you're not feeling well...I'm happy to say I never got sick, but I could never sleep well--it's all for a wonderful cause, though, right?!

catieann said...

dear sonia
I am so happy for you and your new munchkin on the horizon!!! I have been away for almost 8 months now and wanted to catch up with you
as soon as possible.
I love all the creative things you have shared. I can't believe how big the boys are now and so handsome.
I am so happy to be back and to get caught up.
please take care of YOU
catie