Go to SoniaCrouse.com

Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Rococo Fan Swap!!!

Ok, here we go everyone!! Another fun swap. I am so excited about this.
I have came across some very gorgeous Handmade Creative Fans on Flickr. Fabulous,Shabby Chic and Ritzy, Rococo, Marie Antionette style. I have seen them done with fabric, stamping, collage and vintage embellishments... possibilities are endless. Are you exicted yet??
We will be swapping a Rococo, French Vintage Chic or Marie Antionette style fan. All three styles are pretty close and open many creative windows.
If you are not sure what I am talking about, take a look at the Stampington and Co. website here and there is a pattern for the fan to start with. You can use that and alter width and such to your fancy!! Fans make a wonderful decorative display.
OK, are you ready to play? I am asking for no more then 20 participants since this will be the first swap I organized and I want it to go smoothly. I am going to accept sign ups till August 7th, then Saturday I draw partners and send out info. Each participant will be swapping one Yummy Decorated Fan with their assigned partner. Edited to add, Fans should be mailed out by the 28th of August. That is 4 weeks from now. Thanks for bringing it up Marianne. Swap is open to anyone who wants to participate, US and overseas.
A few points
  • Please make sure your fan base is sturdy card stock to hold nicely. No one would like to recieve a crumpled fan in the mail.
  • Fan should at least be 8 inches long per panel.
  • If like any fan it folds/closes then it would be easier and cheaper to ship. If its heavy on embellishments and wont fold then its going to cost more to ship. So keep that in mind.
  • Padded envelopes will safely deliver your masterpiece in one piece.
  • When signing up, please, please, I would really appreciate it if you can just include your email with your comment. Sign up with this post ONLY.
  • If after you have been assigned a partner, you need to leave town or something comes up and you cannot make it... Please! let me know... I dont bark. At least I can try and work something out for your partner. Even if I have to make two fans. You wont be twisting my arm. I do not want anyone to be dissapointed.
  • After you sign up, please send me an email at giftshop@ccraftscollectibles.com with your address and mention wether you would be willing to ship overseas. In case we do have participants outside US.
  • I am not going to put any money limit on this but be creative. Don't send anything you do not want to recieve.

OK, I think I covered the important points. Sorry, I know theyre the boring part of a swap post but has to be done, ya know!!?...If you feel I missed something, please let me know. Feel free to use the image above to post on your blog and spread the word.

So lets have some fun, lets keep it safe and friendly... I'm already designing in my head...

Swap Sign ups are closed- Thank you

Hugs To All

16 comments:

debi @ life in my studio said...

Oooooh! Sonia, I'm ready to play!
debi@qzx.com

Marianne@Songbirdisnesting said...

Hi Sonia,
I really would love to play, but you didn't put a date in your information. I think I can honestly only make it if to send in date is more than a couple of weeks away.
But a great idea, can't wait to see what everybody will come up with!

Jodie LeJeune said...

Wow girl, this looks like so much fun! Do you think I can fit ANOTHER swap in my schedule????
Go ahead, twist my arm...ouch that's too hard girl! ;)

Give me a couple of days (through the weekend) to see if I can finish up any of my current swaps. In the meantime, I'm hoping it doesn't fill up by then.
I promise to let you know for sure by Monday!!!!
This is so awesome!!!!!
everything vintage

debi @ life in my studio said...

Sonia, when you have a chance, stop by my blog...I have an award for you.

Punk Rose Journal said...

Sonia I don't know if I can do this!! What if my creation turns into something terrible?? I am too nervous, as I have never made a Fan before....I am anxious to see the finished pieces from the swap though, and will root on all the girls who joined! Have a great Week my friend, your package is on the way!!! xoxo Sher

KV Creative Designs said...

Hi,
I would like to play along!
Artful Blessings,
Kathryn

peggy gatto said...

I would love to play!
Luckily I ran into a friend at the PO and she said she'd send me your link!
So here I am. I have made a marie mirror and mask, so this will be fun!!!
Thanks!

Terri said...

Would love to participate in your Fan swap.

So if I have right I just need to make one delicious fan for some one else.

Debra said...

I am your biggest "fan"......(had to say that). Do you hear that? It is the sound of my arm being twisted.....by Terri.

Yeah she convinced me that this will be a lot of fun, and since as I understand it I only have to make one, I have plenty of time.

NicNacManiac said...

Sounds like a really fun swap. Count me in Sonia, I will email you right now!!
Have a terrific Day!!
Hugs xOxO, Nerina :)

Leslie said...

Sonia, I would love to join! Count me in!

Sarah said...

Sonia, I would love to be a part of this swap! I am emailing you now!

dreamingstone said...

I would like to join your fan swap Sonia! It's Colette. http://dreamingstone.typepad.com
treeoflife@optusnet.com.au

Deborah@ The Painted Nest said...

Hi Sonia, Thanks for the invatation to your swap!!! I'd love to be a part of it!!! Sign me up !!!! Blessings sweet friend!, Deborah

Molly said...

I hope I'm not too late siging up but I would love to join in on the fun!! My email is: mikemolly10805@aol.com My blog is: materialgalmolly;blogspot.com
This looks like a lot of fun!!!!
~Molly P

Debra said...

Well I am bummin, looks like no fan for me. Here it is the 15th of September and my partner is not only not emailing me but she has my fan but not sent me one!