Go to SoniaCrouse.com

Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Marie Antionette Parade of Tags

I had been wanting to post this post for a while now and I just couldn't wait to share. Oh, I've had so much fun doing this. Its the Marie Antoinette Tag Swap that Arielle from Le Vintage hosted. The tags are all in the mail, randomly addressed so I dont even know whos getting which.

So I had to created 10 tags to swap with 10 other bloggers. I have not done tags before, ever but I've seen so many pretty ones in blogland. I thought that I will probably end up doing them all the same, cos I wont know what to come up with. But alas, I was wrong!! I may have used the same Marie portrait in a few but not a single one is like the other.


I did use a lot of stamping. I love it.








I also found a Vintage Book about Marie Antoinette online that I bought for next to nothing. I got it for 49c!!!! Can you believe it??! Its Marie Antionette, Portrait of a women by Stefan Zweig, copy from the 1930's.











Here are variations of the back of the tags.
I tea dyed the card stock for the old vintage appeal.


I have also recieved my first tag from Deb of It's all Good. I love the embossing technique and I would really love to try it. I'll have to look into supplies for it.

Thanks Debra, I love it!!

I will post more as I recieve them and I can't wait. I have been very excited waiting for the mail man every day.

I am right now busy cleaning and I am also trying to get my studio ready for the party.

The party is a great reason for me to get busy sorting this mess up. I only had this studio for about 3 months now but boy!! Sure didnt take long to make the mess. If you have a space where you craft and you would like to share, make sure you click the image to get the details of the party.

Well, I better get busy...

Hugs To All

13 comments:

Le_Vintage said...

I just received my first tag as well from Dabra and I am SO excited!!! All you'rs turned out SO beautiful and unique, I do hope you join me on the next swap!

xoxo
Le Vintage

YSLGuy said...

You did a wonderful job, they are so beautiful.

You are making me want to go and create something.

Duchess of Tea said...

Hello Sonia, The tags are absolutely gorgeous; how talented you are!! Marie Antoinette would have been proud of all of you ladies.

Duchess xx

Shabby Chic Junk said...

Hi Sonia
Your tags are sooo beautiful! Wow, you are very creative. I will be busy too getting ready for Karen's party.
Enjoy,
Debra

Le_Vintage said...

Sonia- not only am I excited for the Marie Tags, but you honestly BLEW MY MIND with that next swag suggestion. I am a huge play and opera fan and have seen it live, as well as Mama Mia, Les Miserable, Wicked and many more, however I can hardly take a poll with a suggestion that clever. Cross you're fingers, that's what I'm voting for!

Stephenie said...

OMG!!!!! Those tags are all just sooooo beautiful...It's so hard to pick a favorite because I love them all so much...Hope your having a wonderful weekend...
Stephenie

Allidink said...

Oh my gosh I wish I was receiving one LOL. They are so beautiful! I love the silhouette ones!

All the best,
Allison

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello Sonia
What beautiful tags! The detail on them is amazing. You must have so much fun making them.
Take care
Isabelle x

Jessica at Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! said...

I am participating in the Marie Antoinette swap, and I'm browsing around looking at the blogs of those participating. Your tags are beautiful!!

Beth Jaffe thequeenofcups said...

Thank you thank you! I just received your beautiful, no gorgeous tag in the mail today! It is so glorious and I am so thrilled that you had me for the swap!
Happy day and many gracious thanks again!
Beth
The Queen of Cups

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful tags...wish I would have known about it. Exquisite, really.
Elizabeth

Cindy Shea said...

Oh my Sonia! I just loved all the Marie goodness. Where did you find the Marie image that is repeated in some of the tags? I would love to make something with it! Thanks also for joining my blog:)

www.thevintagevignette.blogspot.com

debi @ life in my studio said...

Sonia,
Your tags all turned out sooo beautiful! I have received my tag from you and I LOVE it!
Hugs, Debi