Go to SoniaCrouse.com

Monday, June 15, 2009

Remembering those days!!


For my older prince's birthday we bought him a quick set pool. He had it set up in our yard, then we realised the land sloped some and pool was sideways. My hubby mowed the lawn so this thing had grass in it. Soooo, I spent a good chunk of my weekend, emptying it, cleaning it, moving it, and setting it back up and getting it running again. When I was done my son jumped right in and he wanted company. After all the work I put into it, I didn't think twice. This pool is not the biggest. Its 8 feet wide and 30 inches deep. But hey, it was warm and the water was so tempting so I changed and just floated in it on a doughnut...LOL...boy I felt like falling asleep, it felt so nice and I was comfortable too. I love the water and I miss the ocean. Summers in Malta growing up, we were at the beach anytime my dad wasn't working. Here I am in my blue Bikini... playing on a boat on the shore with my sister, far left, to her right is my younger brother and two cousins and me far right.

The when I grew a little older I took to scuba diving. I dived around the islands, several dives. Shipwrecks from WW2 and tugboats. Boy, it was fun!! I was quite a beach bumm too...LOL. There I go in my red bikini... I'm stoked with this picture because I will never show me wearing beach wear now.

Now, I settle to a ring of water in the yard... Guess you can say, you can take the girl out of the island, but you can never take the island out of the girl =)

Well after all that wading I didn't do much in my studio. I did play around a bit with dying and staining some flowers and trims and a couple of birds. The flowers above where tea stained then picked a few and color stained them too. I love the way they turned out.

The flowers by the bird where coffee stained, I do like the deeper stain of coffee but not a fan of the smell. I am still trying to find a way or better coffee to use. I also stained the bird, he was white. I want to go to a lighter blue next time but have a few more to play with and I still like this pretty feathered friend now sitting on my vanity.

These trims, I have loads of. So I decided to stain some of them and make a few cards. The Ad Image came from Shabby Chic Papirskatter and its now one of my photoshop brushes. I love it and I'll use it again ...

Well, I thank you again for coming by and read my ramblings...

Hugs To All

12 comments:

Allidink said...

Aw cute photos! That is so neat that you found all that stuff diving! Cute birdie and flowers :)

All the best,
Allison

Elyse said...

hi sonia,

i love the older photos that you shared. they are so colorful and beautiful.

your coffee-stained creations are lovely. how do you do that? is it as simple as soaking things in a cup of coffee?

happy floating!

xo

Betty Jo said...

What a fun post! Yes, I received the darling tote and love it. It's been crazy around my place for the past week or so with my grandkids around a lot. Love 'em but I don't get much of anything done when they are afoot, as they get all my attention.

shabbydreaming said...

Well Hi there Miss Sonia!! Right back at ya I also had no idea that you had a blog! Well I can say Im thrilled I do now!!
Beautiful!!!
listing you on my sidebar right now!!
HUGS
mands

Lori said...

Sonia
It had to been remarkable to grow up on Malta! How fabulous! I tea stained some roses awhile back and I don't know why I never did coffee! Have to try some, i have these fake white that may actually look decent when I'm done! later,Lori

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello Sonia
Firstly I wish to say a huge THANK YOU for the GORGEOUS scented sachet which arrived in the post.Beautifully made, I love it. The card that you enclosed is so pretty, wonderful presentation. My daughter said I was lucky to win something so pretty. The parcel arrived a couple of days ago but I did not open it until last night. The post was delivered whilst we were in the middle of moving several things around and it got caught up with other things.
I will be featuring it in my next post. It made my day!
I have enjoyed catching up with your posts as I was offline for a while. Old pictures are wonderful to look back on. Thta tearoom would be right up my street! Wonderful place.
Thank you for your lovely comments
Have a great weekend
Isabelle x

Floss said...

How lovely ALL your photos are - past and present. I was also in our little round pool with our boys yesterday evening, having mowed the lawn first! I thought I deserved it... We don't have a doughnut, but you've made me think we should get one!

I hope you're looking forward to my blog garden party this weekend! Hope to see you there,

Floss

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Sonia; What adorable photos, I love the water too. We are still cleaning our pool, sure hope hubby gets it done soon, or I will have to get me a baby pool....lol as long as I can lay an float in it.... thanks for sharing your photos,,, hey take some of your son in the pool so we can see all the fun.....

Hugs;
Alaura

Candy-Faith..... from Simply Pretty said...

pretty blog :)

Duchess of Tea said...

I am so glad to have found your blog, your blog is simply gorgeous, full of lovely pics and interesting blogs. I am a follower now!! I will link your site to mine, will join as a follower and will add your blog to my “blogs I follow”.....the works.

I will be back soon and if you get a moment do stop by my cottage too.

Duchess of Tea said...

Oh!!! meant to say full of lovely pics and interesting posts!!!

Beth Jaffe thequeenofcups said...

Fabulous post! Love hearing about you! I've joined the Marie Antoinette swap also!
Do you know of any other swaps I might partake in? I'm looking for something and haven't found anything!
btw, love your blog!
Happy day and good luck!
Beth♥