Go to SoniaCrouse.com

Monday, May 11, 2009

Where Sonia Creates!!

Hello everyone,
Here I am, finally done with painting and moving furniture. We did a lot this weekend.
It was a great weekend, I got what I always wanted for mother's day... A studio, a room for me to create and go crazy in!! And I am going crazy... I had been thinking about it for so long that now that I am sitting in it, I am in awe... I'm finally in a room all of my own...

Well, let me share some pictures. This is how everything sits for now. I have a feeling I'll be moving things around and putting things up and others down... well, thats part of the fun and inspiration right??!

Peonies and my first blossomed Rose. The floral scent in here right now is divine.

Remember the vanity I bought in W Virginia. There it is!!


The Torqouis dress and this necklace are flea market finds. The necklace does have some missing stones but the main part still shimmers in day light. I love it. My hubby and my oldest boy worked hard, and youngest one did with less attention for one day while everyone worked, to turn the house around, mowing lawn, selling a car (bye bye to my car, but hey, I got a better, newER car now) and so much more on Saturday. I found some time to hop at a local Flea Market yesterday morning. All in all, it was a great weekend, lots of accomplishment, great mother's day yesterday. We had b'fast with inlaws. We had some time to relax and enjoy each other as a family in the afternoon. It was a gorgeous day wasn't it? It was around here anyway...

I wanted to let you know who wore those pretty dresses in the previous post. Ladies, you were close in some cases but no.

The first pink gown....and oh, I thought it was going to be obvious because I blogged about this a while back. The first gown was worn by Emmy Rossum, as Christine Daee in The Phantom of the Opera.

The second dress was worn by Helena Bonham Carter in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

Do they ring a bell now...LOL

Wow...thank you for playing everyone. That was fun. I did find some more fancy gowns but I couldn't post them cos the color didn't go with Pink Saturdays theme. Maybe some other time.

Thank you for stopping by.

Hugs to All

10 comments:

debi @ life in my studio said...

Your studio turned out beautifully! I love your cabinets, and the vanity looks great! Beautiful studio!

Floss said...

It looks absolutely wonderful! Being me, I found myself looking at all the little details, and it's just fantastic! Thanks for entering my giveaway - best of luck!

Leann said...

Ohhh everything is soo gorgeous! I'm getting my own space in the next month or 2 (DS#1 is moving out:(
But I excited to have a space of my own.
You are an inspiration!

Enjoy your week!
Leann

Betty Jo said...

Oh.My.Gosh! Your studio is beautiful. I'm so happy for you, and just a little bit envious, all at the same time. You will have no problem being inspired in that pretty room. Love the vanity being used as your laptop desk. Also like the rolls of paper stuck in the planter; may have to borrow that one from you. Enjoy! ♥

LillySue said...

OK~ I am sure you can expect the people from "Where Women Create" to be knocking on your door any day now! It is the studio of dreams, I am so happy for you! You and your guys did a wonderful job.
Blessings~LillySue

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Sonia it's gorgeous! Have fun creating in there. Do you mind if I link your studio to my Creative Inspiration post? Let me know!

Sares said...

Your new little work nest is beautiful! I love how all the colors show up against the light walls and furniture. I spy lots of pretty pinks! What a LOVELEIGH place to create in!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Sonia ~ WOW! I would never come out of that beautiful room! It is gorgeous. Love the chandy in the corner, that vanity, all the furniture, & that sweet little dress on the hanger. SHoot, I just love it all!!!

Glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Natasha Burns said...

Wow Sonia your room is incredible!
I'm swooning over your gorgeous gown hanging there :)

Elyse said...

HOW DID I MISS THIS POST???

sonia, your studio is ... i'm speechless ... it is beautiful, glorious, inspiring!!! awesome details (even M.A. playing on your laptop! cutie)

ENJOY!!!

xo