Go to SoniaCrouse.com

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Why I love Blogging!! & Pink Saturday



Blogging is like posting an article in my own magazine. Though I'm not very good with words, I try and make it up with pictures.
I also love blogging because its truly inspiring. For one, I cannot wait to share what treasures I found or created with all my friends in blog world... Second, I just love visiting everyone to see what they are up to. Its amazing the creations and art I have seen. It makes me want to get busy and make our life beautiful too. Not that its not, but it can always get better right?? Most of all, my friends. Friends who are creative in their own ways. I love you all. I thank you for taking time to visit me every time and your comments mean the world to me.

I read somewhere on a blog (sorry can't remember where), the author said, wouldn't it be nice if all of us friends on blog lived in this one neighbourhood. And what a beautiful neighborhood that will be too. We'll even turn the Country Club into the Crafting Club... he he!!

What inspires me??
Music inspires me, people and their lives, history or events, movies are inspirational too. I grew up in Europe and was surrounded with beautiful architecture and I love art from any eras you can imagine, Victorian, Rococo, Baroque... I had to have my version of Pinky and the Blue boy in my house. My mom does, and so does my grandma...

Pink always marries with Blue





My affection right now is on shoes...

Rococo Era

You know these!!!

Or Prima Donna's shoes on the Phantom of the Opera?


I'm in love..... with my shoes!!!



I did get the pair of shoes finished ( Blogged about the one shoe previously) ... I couldn't take my eyes off of them... And another pair is in the works right now, hint hint...this pair in robin's egg blue. I am just having soooo much fun working on them. My husband is going to get a heart attack when he sees this pair in our living room. I cannot wait to have my studio ready. Then I can splurge in whatever I want...


I am joining two parties here. I hope I pulled it off. One is Beautiful Blogging hosted by the most talented Joy Jones from Cupid Charms. Please visit her blog for a list of all participants and visit other beautiful blogs.



The other is the most popular Pink Saturday Hosted by Beverly from How Sweet the Sound. Visit her blog for a list of Pink "Eye Candy" Blogs.



Thank you for coming by to visit...



Hugs to all

29 comments:

gabrieladelworth.com said...

Hello,

Happy Pink Saturday and Blogging!

Isn't it wonderful how blogging brings us all together?


~ Gabriela ~

SarahD said...

Hi Sonia

Its lovely to meet you, your blog is lovely. Thanks for stopping by to say hello.

Hugs Sarah xx

Geralyn Gray said...

I love your shoes, too. A neighborhood---yes oh what a wonderful world----keeps going through my mind----when I first started blog hopping today I was humming----I went to a blogging party to the sound of went to a garden party......The neighborhood thing is good, but you know I would have to shower and get out of my pjs to come for a visit---this is much better!!!!!

Debby said...

Hi Sonia,

Your blog is so pretty. I enjoyed reading your post and yes, I love your shoes!!! So glad to have met you through the blog party.
Debby

Lorrie said...

Isn't this blogging party fun? I'm happy to have met you through Joy at Cupid's Charm.
Your shoes are the ultimate in prettiness!

Lorrie

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Hi Sonia! Nice to see you participating in the blog party!
Marcela

Sares said...

Love the other shoe! My grandma used to have a Pinky and Blue Boy too. She used to keep them wrapped up safe in her closet and I would love it when she got them down for me to peek at!
Have a great Friday!

char72 said...

I love shoes. I love this post, and I love your blog. Love all the pretty pink.
Happy Blog Party Day!
Charlotte

msartist said...

Happy Blog Party! It would be fab if we all lived in the same neighborhood! What fun. Love the shoes and all! ~Theresa

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Love your blog and I just LOVE those shoes! Awesome! ~Stacy~

Ingrid Mida said...

Those shoes are divine!

The Victorian Parlor said...

What a lovely blog you have! I must say that I am enjoying everyone that I have met at this wonderful blog party:) Happy Blogging!

Blessings,

Kim

Jodie LeJeune said...

Oh my, your shoes are gorgeous!!!! I can see why they are so addictive! tee hee!

Your blog is beautiful and I enjoyed my stay here for the blog party!

Your little piece of pink heaven here is very very very sweet!

everything vintage

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I love your blog too. Always very inspiring. Thanks for sharing your words and pictures :-)

YSLGuy said...

I found you through Joy's Blogging Party, and I'll be back. I love Marie Antoinette as well and adore those shoes. I wish I could learn how to make those. They are truly beautiful.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Sonia,
I agree with your lovely post and you said it so well. I love, love, love your shoes. Being a shoeaholic, I want a pair of those!!
I also have the book Sew Pretty Homestyle. It is an inspiration when or if I can ever have some time to sew. Always seem to be at the paint table. LOL!!

So nice to see you, good luck in my giveaway.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Love the shoes, have a good PS.
Vera

Jennifer said...

I would so love to live in that neibourhood. We could have block crafting parties! I love the shoes they are beautiful. I love those kind of small heeled slip on shoe, becasue they look beautiful and don't totally kill your feet to wear them and give you a bit of a lift. How could you ask for anything more!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Jennifer

Tatieva said...

Oh, ce qu'elles sont belles, élégantes et raffinées, ces petites chaussures roses à la Marie-Antoinette !
En France aussi, nous aimons beaucoup Marie-Antoinette, grâce à elle, nous avons des croissants pour le petit-déjeuner !
Kisses from France,
Tatieva

Claudia said...

I love those shoes! Absolutely gorgeous. Happy Pink Saturday!

g said...

You're right about Blogging. It's truly an experience that opens the world up and makes distances between people dwindle to nothing.

I love your shoes. How impressive that you are making wonderful, pretty shoes!!

Have a great Pink Saturday.

Shabby Cottage Collectibles said...

Those shoes are fabulous! Happy PINK Saturday, Esther

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

You certainly covered both events beautifully!

Lovely shoes - but I'm lovin' your 'toinette wallhanging!

HaPpY PiNk SaTuRdAy!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

OMGosh, I love your shoes too! I can't believe I didn't hear about this party before hand, I'd have loved to make a pair!

someplace in thyme said...

Beautiful shoes and yes, here we all are, Happy PInk Saturday and thankyou for a lovely post this weekend, Char

Le_Vintage said...

i love those shoes!!!! talk about gorgeous i can't even take my eyes off them! thanks for the sweet comment- heheh today is sunday major crafting day for me!

i can't wait to get to work =]

L.v_

Cassandra said...

oh my goodness those shoes are just stunning! You have sure a wonderful blog. Thanks for sharing!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Running late this week visiting blogs....Hope you had a Happy Pink Saturday ~ Susan

Natasha Burns said...

Sonia that would be a cool neighbourhood, wouldn't it!
Your new shoes are gorgeous!