Go to SoniaCrouse.com

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tim Holtz, I'm sold!!


I am mostly into sewing crafts as you might have noticed already =) (being a miss smarty pants here!!) But I have this weird crave for pretty scrapbook paper. BUT I do not scrapbook... At all!! I like making pretty little knick knacks with paper. I am so new to this and I am on the look out for new ideas and inspirations. So here are some tags I made. Picture stamps are by Tim Holtz. He is very talented, and his stamping products!! Hmmm, awesome. Right down my alley!! I love the pink and greens but also the grungy and distressed, vintage, french, chic looks. So I went to his website and he has some really cool Video Demos. My Favorite was the distress ink techniques on the tags. Any of you collagge , mixed media paper arts artists/pros reading this post, I know you might be very familiar with all this stuff but this is all new to me. Stamping is so fun!!
So, I am going to try and make sure this developing craft doesn't distract me so much from doing anything else, but in the mean time, I will make some nifty tags to go with my items I sew. And I also have a collage journal that I have started (shown on a prevoius post) to practise on.
So any one who buys anything from my etsy store, will get a nifty little tag!!
You can visit Tim Holtz's website here
Enjoy!!
Update: Visit Paris with Tim...

I want to go there!!

"Someday Sonia, someday......"

2 comments:

LillySue said...

OOooooo~ What BE~U~T~FUL tags!! I have a birdie stamp almost like yours..and some similar paper, Hmmmmm....hubby leaves on a business trip for a week today and won't be home to scold me for making messes!! I know what I will be up too!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
Blessings~LillySue

Stephenie said...

OOOHHH!!!!! I'm with you, I want to go to Paris someday...I love that video..It really captured the beauty of Paris.. By the way, I love those tags...
Stephenie