Go to SoniaCrouse.com

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sew Tired!!!

I have been sitting down in front of my sewing machine pretty much all week, this week. Its time for a break, in time for School Spring Break.
First I worked on a custom order for two large size bolster pillows. The kind that go across the width of a bed. One is made out of Sweet Sue print, the other is the Hydrangea Rose by Rachel Ashwell. I didn't have to prepare fillers since the customer had them already, so the pictures arent that great. Pillows show better with filler!!







Then I worked on a purse. I love eyelet trim... Who doesn't!!? I have some white eyelet fabric so I decided to make a purse. The purse is also trimmed with white Vintage Cluny Lace. It is a very simple light weight purse but looks really shabby. The purse was inspired from the shabby frilly white blouse I bought last week. I am keeping the blouse but the purse is going in my Etsy store.

Then, after I received my pretty Tanya Whelan bolts of Rosy fabric, I just had to create something from them. So I sewed a pillow set, one is a bolster, the other is a 15" square pillow. Ah, we had some bright sun shiny days, and working on these vibrant fabrics, made it even more pleasant. The pillows are made to match but will be sold seperatly on Etsy. Both including their fillers.


As I was saying, Tristan is now on Spring break so I am not going to be sewing as much for this week. We are also prepared to take a trip to W. Virginia, Pennsilvania and Washington DC from Wednesday to Sunday. We are all very excited. We have not been on a vacation trip in so long and this will be my first time in DC and PA. I hear DC is gorgeous this time of year with trees blooming. So I sure will be taking lots of pictures. I'm hoping I'll find some time to go junkin' somewhere too!!

As always, thank you for taking your time to visit and I appreciate all your comments. I have made some wonderful, creative and talented friends here.

Hugs to all, and enjoy Easter week!!

PS. We have a winner for the pillow. And the winner is Sherrie from Actually there is 6 of Us

Congratulations Gal. I wait for your info to mail you the prize. Enjoy!!

10 comments:

Hana said...

Love that blue and pink floral pillow! Sooo pretty..as usual!

The White Bench said...

Thanks for your lovely comment- I so love the hydrangea fabric! And your pillows are just divine!
Have a great week,
Monica.

Stephenie said...

OOOOHHHHHH!!!!! I just love the fabric you used for those pillows...They are so pretty....That little purse is so sweet... Have a wonderful week...
Stephenie

Lori said...

Sonia, Wow that is a beutiful pink!!! Do have a wonderful get-away! See you when you return! Love,Lori

Debi said...

Hi Sonia,
Thank you so much for your very sweet comments! It is so nice to hear from you! I do remember we had emailed for awhile and then for one reason or another seem to have lost touch. Your work is BEAUTIFUL!I didn't know you sew. What pretties!! I live in PA, where will you be visiting?
I am so glad to hear from you and will add you to my favorites!
Have a great vacation!
Be back soon!
Hugs,
Debi

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

Your pillow cases are just beautiful. And the white purse is so summery and just so "crisp" looking. Beautiful work. Have fun on your vacation.

Blessings
Kitty

Sherrie said...

I am so happy I won. I sent you my address yesterday I hope you got the e-mail. Thank you so much!!!
Sherrie

LillySue said...

Sonia~ I LOVE the Kath Kidston catalog. I can't figure out the money exchange to U.S. though...I am not sure how much anything is in the catalog. I need to google the money thing so I can figure it out! Your pillows are wonderful. I am off to your shop to see more. Have a wonderful time on your travels!
Blessings ~LillySue

Vintage Tea said...

You are one talented lady! The frabrics are wonderful.

Victoria xx

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

You have a fabulous selection if fabrics! I love the blues and pinks together.
Have a lovely Easter
Isabelle x