Go to SoniaCrouse.com

Monday, March 2, 2009

Welcome to this world!!!



Kierstan Elizabeth
Born Saturday at 4.59 am
Weighing 6 pounds 14 ounces


Welcome to this world, my niece from hubby's side. Kierstan has a headfull of dark soft hair and she is precious. I held her on saturday, such a tiny little sweetheart. I did see her blue eyes while holding her. She slept the rest of the time we were there. She is going to be spoiled and thats for sure.


I also wanted to show off my three nieces in my side of the family. They are my oldest brother's girls. They live very far from us, on the island of Malta and we don't get to see them as often as we wish. The one in the middle is SaraMari, 7 years old. The two on the side are identical set of twins, Rebekka and Martina, five years old.




I didn't sew very much lately due to being really busy at the theatre and not to mention the little time I did had yesterday, my two sewing machines and all the nifty gadgets that go with them, claimed war against me. Broke four needles and they didn't produce a single decent stitch so I let them win the war.... yesterday!!

I will go back though, they don't know it, but I will go back and put them in their place.

So I painted eggs instead. A couple of plastic eggs, normally used for egg hunts, I painted them light blue and drizzled brown paint on them. I was begining to get inspired for spring colors.





I bought the sign from the dollar store. Its pink so I had to have :)



Then I woke up this morning to the bright glow in the house reflecting from snow outside. I loved it!! Not a single flurry all season and we get snow in march. How do you like them apples?







Of course, Tristan wanted to go out and play in the snow. Here is him with his new friend Frosty.



Heading right to me with a snowball and he got me good too!!!


I leave you with a few more photos I took. It has been a very long post that I had to make TWICE I might add. I was almost done the first time when i tried to highlight to fix font and lost EVERYTHING!!!! arhhhgggg!!! Enough talk!! TTFN!!




13 comments:

Hana said...

Congrats on the new niece! Love on her as much as possible b/c she be running around before you know it!

Kinderfalls Primitives said...

Congratulations on the new addition to your family. She's baeutiful. x

Betty Jo said...

That is the cutest baby ever! Your nieces are little dolls too. We got a little snow, but not enough to make such a cute snowman. Love your home, inside and out. ♥

So Shabby Pink said...

Thank you for stopping by tonight! What a wonderful thing to wake up to! Here in south central Texas, we rarely see that.

Thanks for the nice pictures of your home. What a pretty home! It looks happy there. :-)

Peggy

The Charm House said...

Beautiful Family, Beautiful Home.
So Blessed!!!
:) Hugs, Yvette

LillySue said...

What adorable nieces you have! All those curls....My daughter was bald forever and still at 16 has the most baby fine hair. It suits her, but I missed having long curls to play with! My son was born two years later with all the thick curls...go figure!! I love the shot of the outside of your house. It could be in a magazine!!
Blessings- LillySue

Natasha Burns said...

Sonia your nieces are gorgeous! Congratulations on the new arrival in your family :)
Love the snow pics, your home is gorgeous

*Noelle* said...

your nieces are beautiful! i love those paisley curtains:) i almost bought me one of those easter signs at the $ store too!

noelle

Lori said...

Sonia, What beautiful children! Oh the little girls hair is gorgeous!!!Sad you can't see them more often! Love the shadow picture! Clever!! Lori Your home is very similar to an auntie of mine. Cutie!

Loretta said...

Sonia, your photos are all so lovely! I really like the painted plastic eggs. What kind of paint did you use? It's a great idea!

Sonia ~ Vintage Rose Designs said...

Its just regular craft acrylic paint.

catieann said...

oh i love family pictures. What a beautiful new baby girl!! Your neices in malta are so beautiful sonia. I bet you really miss them.
Tristan is soooo tall ---haven't seen a pic of him for at least a year? I love the pics of your home inside and out. thank you for sharing
catie

Lori said...

sonia, Your house is so adorable! It reminds me of one in our city, love the little foyer, so since I'm nosy hows it decorated??LOL Lori