Go to SoniaCrouse.com

Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm Back!! Paper Mache Projects

Yes, monday morning, rested, easy b'fast now waiting on tea kettle to boil for my cuppa tea. Another thing I should have added with my honest things about myself list last night is that I am in desperate need for some room in my house. In other words, I would LOVEEE to have a studio. I have a big hutch down in the basement, I never wanted to give it away, I always thought that with some paint and a little TLC it would be a wonderful piece to stack my pretty fabrics and all other supplies on it. Well, I just hope it doesnt get destroyed in the musty basement before I ever get to use it.

So I said yesterday, I have been busy yeah!! I have done very little sewing this weekend. I did sew this heart sachet friday, Its now in my etsy store.



Then I worked on cheese wheels out of paper mache. Me and Cari got together to finish up some dishes on friday. Some I had already worked on like the cakes and cupcakes. I had shown them in a previous post. This is Cari posing with her plate of tortellini.

We are here working on props for the scene when belle has her first dinner with the beast. Anyway, I have something else I been working on though as if this wasn't enough =)






Oh, yes, I had most fun doing this one. I haven't dome paper mache since I was a kid when I did a scene for the nativity statues to go in. So after I did the cheese I figured, theres got to be something more fun to make with paper mache. And here is what I came up with.





Well, I was working on it under the impression that when I finish it, if it comes out good then I can sell it on etsy. What I didn't know was that now it looks too good for me to part with it. Maybe I can, not sure though. I will be working on other ones though, thats for sure. What do you think?


Well, thank you for coming by my blog today and look around. Please keep coming back and leave a note and say hello so that I can come by and visit you too.

Have a great week

9 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I haven't tried paper mache in years either. You made it look fun. I love how your stuff turned out, now I'm going to want to try some!

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Wow! That's very impressive! I love the dress form! I can undertand why you wouldn't want to sell it!

I don't think I've done paper mache since elementary school!

LillySue said...

Hi Sonia- I love your dress form project! It turned out beautiful! Yeah, I wouldn't be able to sell it either! My 16 year old daughter and I are both artists and I have finally opened a etsy account and have yet to list anything, heehee! We have tons of projects we have done, but can hardly stand to part with them once we have put all the creation effort into them.. I can do it when I plan out holiday gifts or birthday gifts because I am making it especially for that one person. I just discovered your blog and am putting you on my list. I am kinda new to the blog world and would love to have you stop by for a visit...
Blessings- LillySue
apeaceofbliss.blogspot.com

Betty Jo said...

Oh My! You are so creative. I adore the heart. Do you make hearts that are unscented? Poly filled perhaps? I'm allergic to the scented ones but would love to have one of your hearts. ♥

Natasha Burns said...

Your paper mache creations are gorgeous Sonia!!! Well done :)

The Vintage Barn said...

Too cute!! I love your creations!!
Rolane
The Vintage Barn
www.barnbarnbaby.com

lakebrat said...

Ohhh I love what you've done. It's awesome! Did you make the cupcakes as well? Are those edible or just for looks? They are starving me to death just looking at them. LOL
Robin

catieann said...

You did such a great job on the dress form. ANd I love the food as well
catie

Karen B. said...

Dear Sonia,
I have tried you e-mail you three times now but it seems your e-mail address isn't working properly. I hope you don't mind me asking but could you give me any advise on how to make a beautiful dress form like yours. I do know how to paper mache, but what did you use for the core of the form? I just LOVE your dress form!!! Thank you and happy Easter kindest regards
Karen B.